Friday, April 18, 2008

wallyball

Steve called me yesterday and said the architects he works with had challenged him and his friend Alan to a game of wally ball.  That is volleyball inside a racquetball court.  The architects had 4 guys on their team, so Steve and Alan were short 2 players.  He invited Taylor and I to come play.  We said OK.  

I was surprised how fun it was!  The rules take a little getting used to, as they are different than normal volleyball.  Plus, guys can hit really hard.  Taylor did not like that part.  I brought Hailey and Morgan and they played in the next court with a racquetball and some rackets.  Or they could sit and watch us outside of our court as the entry wall is clear.  I do not know if the other team liked playing against 2 girls, but they were nice.  They even let us have a few "do-overs", since we were first-timers.  The architects play fairly often.  We will see if we ever get invited again, but if you get a chance to play wally ball, take it.  It was way more fun than I thought!

No comments: