These are some puppets Hailey and Morgan made. (Morgan's are the two that look like they have milk spilled on them). We were invited to a puppet show about a princess who learned to talk nicely. Then another story that had something to do with mountain climbing and a rope made from yarn. If you look closely, you may notice that Morgan's puppets are either backwards or upsidedown, but they still worked just fine. Luckily for her, Hailey patiently helps her with everything.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Poor little Morgan has not been feeling well, and each day was not improving.
So finally I took her to the doctor. He said yes, she was definitely sick. In fact,
She has pneumonia! But still mustered a little smile for ya'll.
Luckily it is a mild case and did not need x-rays (yet). If she does not improve within a couple of days, then we need to go back for more testing, but I am sure the medicine will do the trick.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
My sister "tagged" me. I am supposed to blog 5 interesting things about myself. I think she just wants me to blog more often. But see, if I was interesting, I would have more to blog about. And more often. Usually I ignore these kind of things, but I will try to think of a few, in honor of Carolyn (my sister.....who has a really cute blog!)
1. I am a RDH (registered dental hygienist). I am currently licensed in Nevada and Utah. I am only working 1 day a week right now, for an implant specialist. I have learned a lot because I always worked in a general family practice previously. I graduated from hygiene school in 1988. I mentioned that in passing the other day at work. Later, one of the assistants, Nikki, came up to me and asked:
"Did you say you graduated hygiene school in 1988?"
Nikki: "Oh. (pause) That was the year I was born."
I then told her that wasn't a very polite thing to say, but I would explain it to her when she was older. (just kidding)
2. I like to exercise. I know, it is weird, but I really do, and I go to the gym regularly. Unfortunately, I also like to eat. I wish I could say it all balances out perfectly, but it does not.
3. I also used to be a lifeguard, work in a tanning salon, and have contests with my friends over who could get the darkest legs in the summer. It was the 80's, ok? Know any good dermatologists?
4. I can whistle really loud. When I was young, I would practice all the time. My Uncle Pete asked me what I was doing, and I told him. He said he always thought it was really cool when a girl could whistle loudly. Now I am that really cool girl. Thanks, Uncle Pete. It comes in handy more times than you would guess.
5. My husband asked me to marry him when I was 18 years old. I told him no. I thought he was joking. (but I said yes a few years later)
And two more for kicks:
6. I have served in Primary (the children's classes at church) for the last 7+ years and I still love it.
7. I am also serving as YW (the young women ages 12-18) Sports Director for church. I "coach" basketball, volleyball, and a new upcoming one: dodgeball. Why are you laughing? What's so funny? Huh? I can "coach"! Yes, I can!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Taylor went to her first volleyball tournament in SLC last weekend. They won 3 out of 5 games. She loves playing and is practicing all the time. Her coach told her she was one of the highest jumpers, and so now she jumps up to touch things all around the house that are high in the sky.
Hercules still hangs out around the house most days, singing and chirping. His best friend is Chase who feeds him, talks to him and gives him treats. Chase whistles to him in their secret bird lingo. They are probably discussing what a great mom Chase has: how kind, fair and giving she is. Hercules most likely doesn't remember his mom, so he must think Chase's mom is his mom too. Great, now he will be asking for his own cell phone.