Sunday, November 16, 2008

Can't touch this

Saturday we (Steve, Jill and 4 more friends) canyoneered  Mystery Canyon in Zions National Park.  It was quite the adventure.  It only took us 8 hours.  That's actual hiking time, people.  That does not include the drive up and back.  Here is one of the easy ones: 
Our fearless leader:
His fearful sidekick:
This is our friend, Tom.  Look carefully and you will see this is a 2-part rappel.  Once down into a small pool of water, and then again to the lower part into a larger pool of water.
Another friend, Lissett, going down the final waterfall into the Narrows below.  This was 130 foot drop:
Yah, John, I know exactly how you feel:
We hit a few snags along the way, so by the time we finished it was dark.  We waded through the Narrows and hiked the Temple Sinawa back to our car.  I've said it before:  Life with Steve is never boring.

4 comments:

Harlene said...

You guys have to sign up for the Amazing Race...Impressive!

nickel... said...

You are looking sassy in that fearless sidekick pic!

I am down with Harlene's idea Amazing Race it is! I will watch your kids if I get a cut of your winnings. :)

You are hardcore nowadays! most impressive.

Jen said...

WOW! And all this because you married Steve and moved to St. George.

Wasn't that water freezing?!

Cassi and John said...

Even after all I heard, I think I still should have gone. The pics are awesome!